Come together with us to celebrate our 60th Spectrum. You are invited to submit your proposal for Spectrum 2019, to be held March 24-26. This year’s theme is Remember Yesterday. Celebrate Today. Plan for Tomorrow.
To quote Nobel Prize winner Bob Dylan, “the times they are a’ changin!” Our workplaces and roles are changing rapidly. The growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) has brought new challenges and opportunities. User Experience (UX) design is becoming more and more important. All of these changes bring a host of questions.
- How do we transition to supporting the vast array of inter-networked computers and devices?
- Is there still a role for the traditional technical writer?
- What skill sets do we need to keep pace and stay employed?
- Are there soft skills we need to develop?
- Do we need to learn how to develop apps?
- Is knowledge of DITA or content management systems important?
- What are the new opportunities and challenges?
- Should we be interested in the Certified Professional Technical Communicator credential from STC?
How to Submit
Sounds like a great agenda, doesn’t it? We want you to be a part of it! Download this form to submit. The proposal deadline is December 3, 2018.
Please share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues in the field. Submit a proposal for Spectrum 2019, STC Rochester’s 60th Annual Conference! Many presenters at Spectrum have gone on to present at the international STC conference, the STC Summit.
Note: You do not need to be an STC member to submit a proposal, and we welcome both first-time and returning presenters. And Spectrum presenters are eligible for a discount on conference registration.
Leadership Program and Speaker Reception: Sunday, March 24th
Main Conference: Monday, March 25th
Post-conference Workshops: Tuesday, March 26th
All conference sessions held at the Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York